aren't willing or don't want to look at, or areas we're afraid to look at,
it creates a stuckness that expresses itself in other areas. Hiding
something in your life creates emotions such as guilt, shame, and anger.
These emotions are not easy to deal with, especially given what raised them
to begin with, and so we respond by either suppressing them or expressing
them inappropriately in other areas.
Types of things we hide that affect our day-to-day lives - and especially
our productivity and success in life - include:
- Money owed, including not being responsible about debts - "hiding" even
to ourselves the fact that we owe someone (the worst kind of hiding)
- Resentments towards others
- Insecurities about ourselves
- "Family secrets"
- Our spirituality/who we really are (not being authentic)
- Our passions in life (hiding from ourselves or others)
- Pain from past relationships
- Dysfunctional current relationships that we're not willing to address
Looking at/dealing with an area in your life where you're hiding doesn't
mean you have to advertise it to the world. What it *does* mean is that you
are willing to put conscious attention on what it is and how it's affecting
What are you hiding that, by not facing it, is affecting your growth and